GEMS is a non-profit program that is financed by grants, sponsors, and donations. The program is planned and executed by volunteers, and every penny raised goes directly into the GEMS program.
Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to waive registration fees for students with financial need. In 2018, 32% of students received fee waivers.
Too busy to volunteer but would still like to support middle schoolers exploring fun STEM topics? Your organization can donate to help defray the cost of GEMS – our biggest expense is feeding the students and their parents lunch!
All students participating in GEMS receive a GEMS t-shirt, conference bag, and gift.
GEMS is an annual program that provides a fun and exciting way for middle school students and their parents to explore careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). GEMS aims to increase our local STEM workforce in three ways:
- Spark interest in STEM through fun, hands-on workshops led by local STEM educators and professionals.
- Generate awareness of STEM careers in our local community through guest speakers and company-branded giveaways.
- Empower parents to inspire and support their child’s journey to a STEM career through sessions about education and career planning.
Sponsors of GEMS will be advertised as follows:
- Ruby Sponsor – $250: Logo on t-shirt
- Sapphire Sponsor – $500: Logo on t-shirt and bag
- Diamond Sponsor – $1000: Logo on t-shirt, bag, and gift
All of our sponsors’ logos will be placed on the GEMS website.
Donate Items for GEMS Goodie Bags
Every year our participants go home with a bag full of fun stuff. We always include a t-shirt, and also some things for the students to enjoy. We’re looking for promotional items from companies or organizations, like pens, pencils, notepads, or other imprinted items safe for middle schoolers.